Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Career of the Living Dead!

I have a second interview with Bankers Life and Causalty... Which is good if for no other reason then I at least didn't blow the first go round. The biggest problem with it is I am uncertain, as of right now, how much I even want the job. I want it to make more monies and to work somewhere that I feel more useful, but commission based jobs are always a scary venture. I already know I want to aim more in the direction of trainee > trainer > management, rather then trainee > agent... But that doesn't make me free from commission. It basically all boils down to how much the consistent earnings are available, and whether or not I can even land the job... which is very very doubtful right now. I saw a great many people in that room that looked like they were probably more qualified then myself, but I am of course waay more awesome!

My football frenzy weekend sort of went better and sort of went worse then I thought it would. Rocking out some two hand touch with only 5 people was actually really really fun. And Hamid 'Randy Moss' Huggybean actually ran on like 3/5 plays, it was nuts! Hopefully he'll come out and play again this weekend, but that could be askin to much of ol Huggy. The KU game had a really really great first half... and an equally disastrous second half. As near as I could tell we basically just stopped tackling, and their QB was on his game all game long. I sadly had to watch this game without John or Mark, but i still had a great time watching it with the remaining warriors. Mark instead watched this game with Kristian who then forgot he was there, which is equally parts sad and funny... well maybe more sad then funny... but yea.

I had to make a new paragraph to describe for you all the glory that was the Chiefs game. Tina (Thanks TINA! not that you read this) was able to acquire four tickets to the Chiefs game from her aunt... we later learned the four tickets were Suite tickets.... and we learned some time later that they came with a free 'gold' parking pass, Jackpot! The tickets themselves were a ridiculous like 95 bucks a pop, and I think I remember the parking pass coming in at 35 bones. So Mark and I being awesome left Lawrence around 9:25 so we could get to the stadium early and do some tail gating (Tina and her sadly not assholish asshole boyfriend barely made it for kick off). The drive there was made all the more exciting by my rambling on about some story and completely missing a merge off of the highway... I think we ended up on 71 or some such nonsense... can't even remember now though. Anywho we get to the arena and spend a solid 20ish minutes being totally confused.

I don't' understand why they don't have signs to tell you where to go, instead there is just a bucket brigade of people pointing, waving and gyrating to get you where you need to go. And since we had no idea as to our final destination (mark pretended to know, but I know he's a lying bastich) we never knew which turn, or not turn to make. which ended up in a lot of angry human signs giving us anger infused waves onward, as if we were to somehow know where the hell to go before they told us.... good times. We then 'tailgated' which for a couple of losers like us involves Mark downing some miller, me swigging from a big ol' bottle of Vodka and throwing the football around....

We somehow manage to glance at our phones in time to wander into the stadium a good 10-15 minutes before kick off. When we entered the suite (which was located right behind the goal posts... so baller!) there was no one else there but us... and a manservant! Which was really really awesome. The suite only had like 10-12 places for people to sit, and no one was there yet so we both had some hilarious imagery of us being the only people there and having gereld our butler make us drinks and bring us wings all game! A whole lot more people came eventually (maybe 15 in total) making it less awkward. There was a ton of food, booze and liquor all for free and we made sure to take adv of the situation... So much so that when we left we just kept on taking advantage. Since the game was a blow out loss everyone else left early, but since we A: were trashed and didn't care and B: are die hards and would have stayed until the end anyway, we ended up the last four people in the suite (even *Gereld left). So being the classy gents we are, we filled up Carry out containers with Gin, Beer, Bailys and some actual food. It was a huge win!

In the end I hope the Chiefs don't win another game all season so her aunt can be super disgusted and give us tickets to every home game! Plus we would get a better draft pick, cause we need a bloody Favre out here.

Other then football it was a mostly uneventful weekend. Danger cat can be found exploring our bathroom a little deeper, which leads to her hilarious scrambles for cover when we open the door. But I think she is only frosty rather then ice cold on people now, so that's progress. Fatty just keeps on being bloody awesome, Kiley is as gross and silly as ever, I'm doing good, but unfortunately Jessica appears to be getting sick so send her some love hippy style.

I've got a pretty boring week lined up involving huddling away from the rain, attending work, and sleeping. Its going to be radical! I hope you all survive the rainy day blues, the weekend and Wickaween look to be shaping up real nice, peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh glorious chiefs...best thing ever

54