Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Ante Up!

Is it just me or could his tie just as easily be a terrifying pink erect penis?

I wanted to make sure I hooked everyone/My Mum up with my birthday list requests. This list is being updated constantly and much of it is largely just a reminder to myself of things that I want 'someday'. I'm also not sure if I've yet made it so that it will tell the buyers but not myself that someone purchased something from the list; I'll jack with that when I have time.


To any interested parties Jessica ended up having an 'emergency' root canal. It seemed to help her out immediately. Even after having surgery that day she was in high spirits that evening and in little to no pain. The downside of this is that although the root canal was completely covered by insurance her 'cap' is only going to be covered 50% leaving us on the hook for $400+ :( But Like I told Jys, I'd rather have the house taken from us then ignore health issues (not that this will cause us to lose the house, least I should hope not, haha).

My baby chicken Armageddon clock is sitting right around 1 week now, as my dread increases Jessica's joy increases at an equal or possibly even faster rate; it boggles the mind! Last night she was reading a pamphlet like printout about keeping baby chicks alive, you apparently have to feed them water at like 98 degree's or they get to cold and die. Effin pansies can't even drink some H2O without nearly dying; I give our cat pretty high odds of giving them all fear induced heart attacks.

I finally started learning to play DWARF FORTRESS! Its about the most complex 'homework' like game I've ever played, despite the difficulty I had the time of my life last night stumbling through its ASCII graphics. The best part might be the tutorial you read while trying to learn to play the game, Jessica probably thought I snuck some nitrous oxide. The reason I am learning to play it is because Mike, John and myself will be taking a fortress through 6 years of development. 2 years by each of us, started by Mikes 2 year reign as overlord. We will keep screenshots and a written diary of our exploits, hopefully it makes for an entertaining read. If we enjoy it enough we plan on doing further games. I'm retarded excited! (suck that disabled!)

We finally bought our Interfuse tickets yesterday; I stress 'finally' because apparently we had to buy them by the 6th, so hurray for getting them in time. I had the time of my life at this weekend of drunken debauchery last year, and I look forward to it like a child molester looks forward to a power outage in the mall. Mike w/ some amount of pathetic help from my own personage hopes to make some kind of fire cannon device in time for the event, but the time draws Nigh! (hmm that made me think of the Knights who say NII!)

As for actual life updates I spent a weekend doing very very little, and it was GREAT! The fact that KU lost was painful and sad; but its amazing what lowered expectations can do for you. If that had happened last year I'd still be on a suicide watch. But as it is I look back on that night with fond memories because I had a great time sitting next to John, Mike, Gary, and Dopple at Jefferson's soaking up the atmosphere (and the liquor). Ohh, and there were some ladies at the table as well apparently... The rest of the weekend involved a stupefying amount of movie watching... In closing are my remembered remembrances of movies watched.

Religulous - I truly enjoyed this movie, the coolest part I thought was when the parallels were drawn between the various religious fairy tales. AKA virgin Mary, Resurrection and other popular godly fairy tales.

King of Kong, a Fistful of quarters - Never in my life have I hated nerds so whole heartedly. You don't hate all of them, but the super nerds are such DOOOSH BOMBS! I completely recommend this documentary though.

Sicko - Never have I wanted to be a Canadian more then after watching this movie. Even more then when I knew there was an imagined prospect of having a Zamboni driving, drug dealing, topless neighbor. Plus OMG even the dirty french are superior to us in health care, damn it all! Give me socialized medicine for the love of health!

Twilight - I'm not sure what kind of enjoyment you are 'supposed' to get out of this movie, but I enjoyed it. I found it to be totally hilarious, the only way I can think of to describe the faces the vamps (mainly the lead) make in this movie is the following: Imagine you are coming to 'fruition', taking a crap and practicing being a stoic English guard - that roughly sums it up. The actual 'plot' seems semi interesting though, and I got alot of back story from the wife.

The Savages - Phillip Seymour Hoffman once again making an indie movie and knocking it out of the park. His co lead Laura Linney may have even out shined him. I'm not sure Jessica enjoyed the movie much, but I love it. It reminded me a small bit of Sideways in its pacing. It didn't bring the funny as HARD as Sideways does, but it did bring it in the same timely fashion as Sideways. I also recommend this, but only if you enjoy flat-indie-humor.

And in closing....

HAPPY APRIL JOHNS DAY! (BADUM CHING!)

6 comments:

Bob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob said...

OK, I think I am done with this blog account. I added in the spaces between the paragraphs 4 FUXIN TIMES! And it still proceeds to delete them when I actually 'post' it. I don't care what old ass version of explorer I have to use at work, this stupid crap shouldn't be happening.

Bob said...

OMG that took forever. Had to edit the actual HTML script. Anyway it should look normal now.

Katie said...

"they're such f-ing pansies..." I am so loving it. My parents are here visiting and they've been doing nothing but talking about pets and the stray cats and dogs walking about Cairo. They are such animal lovers it makes me a little sick, and a little sad to be a pet owner. They are fuckin' pansies. Sink or swim baby! Sink or swim! Egypt has made me such a realist. Missing you and Jess tons. I love that you guys comment regularly. I look forward to them every time I post. Should be home at the beginnig of June. Be ready to party down and dance your ass off.

Bob said...

AWESOME! I miss you two! We will have to throw one hell of a return bash. We have been wanting to throw a few theme parties at our house (80's night, Club Kids, 70's, etc) have to throw one of those down when you get back. I hope everything is going great for you, wish me luck in my chicken hell!

Moth said...

Good point about the Spongebob... Lol. And I wish you luck in your chicken hell because I've been there, and it's not pretty. Wait til they get bigger and shit everywhere!